[OH-Dev] [issue603] Making it easier to correctly run the test suite

Asheesh Laroia bugs at openhatch.org
Tue Oct 4 17:22:45 UTC 2011

New submission from Asheesh Laroia <asheesh at asheesh.org>:

As of this moment, if you run:

    ./bin/mysite test

You get this useless stack trace that ends with:

        from djangox.test.depth import alltests
    ImportError: No module named djangox.test.depth

This is because one of a packaging bug in one of the apps we depend on.

Let's fix that: for the future, I propose that when you run:
    ./bin/mysite test

custom OpenHatch code notices you're running the test runner without any
arguments, and reconfigures things so that you test all the OpenHatch
apps and nothing else.

There are also scripts in bin/*_test that djangorecipe generates; they are hard
to use properly. I think we should also remove this.

assignedto: paulproteus
messages: 2584
milestone: 0.11.10
nosy: paulproteus
priority: feature
status: unread
title: Making it easier to correctly run the test suite