[OH-Dev] Moving our git repository to Github

Asheesh Laroia lists at asheesh.org
Wed Nov 30 21:24:50 UTC 2011

Excerpts from Jule Slootbeek's message of Tue Nov 29 09:50:01 -0500 2011:
> I am also a fan of moving to github just for the speed increase.
>
> However, do we know why gitorious is having performance problems, are they
> just low on bandwidth? Are they running on old servers? Is there something
> we can do as an Open Source project/community to help a fellow Open Source
> project out?
>
> Knowing what their problems are could help us see if there's something we
> can do.

Here's what I wrote them (attached as im-leaving.txt)

and what they wrote back (attached as sorry-youre-leaving.txt)

No specific mention of where the bandwidth problems come from; we could
send them a separate mail about that.