[OH-Dev] openhatch install on MacBook

Asheesh Laroia lists at asheesh.org
Sun Nov 20 00:13:41 UTC 2011

Excerpts from Jacquie Flemming's message of Sat Nov 19 16:41:17 -0500 2011:
> I'm back to trying to finish the openhatch install. And I ran into the
> following, does this mean anything to you?
> The subsequent bin/buildout also failed. It actually seemed to do better at
> the meetup (initially started the install during the Nov python meetup)
> I went back and installed MySQL, which I was missing and this is the error
> now. Maybe I need to do a 'build clean'
> or something? Anyway just wanted to ping you all and get your thoughts.

Hi Jackie! Glad to hear you're trying it. I have good news for you.

Long story short, this is way easier now. The new system doesn't use
buildout *or* MySQL.

I suggest you try with a fresh clone of the repository. Can you give
that a shot, maybe in a separate directory to where you have your install
right now, and see if it works? Take a look at the new README.mkd (and
INSTALLATION.mkd) and it should work quite easily.

(and if it doesn't, let us know the errors!)