[OH-Dev] Most tests pass under Windows now

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Wed Nov 16 21:58:58 UTC 2011

Hey develers,

I just pushed some changes that make it reasonable to hack on OpenHatch
from a Windows machine.

On Windows, of 382 tests: 3 fail; 15 error-out; 130 are skipped. That
meeans 92% (234/252) of the tests that run on Windows, pass. Windows is
now a viable development platform for the OpenHatch website.

There's more work to do in order to move from 92% to 100%, but that's a
really good place to start.

Mega thanks to Jason Michalski for lending me access to a Windows machine
to test on!

(Vivek, in particular, I recall you were on Windows. If you want to stop
using your remote Linux machine for development, you can just follow the
instructions below.)

How to get started on Windows

You can follow the instructions here:
http://openhatch.org/wiki/Getting_started_with_the_OpenHatch_code

One caveat is that you'll either need Python on your %PATH%, or you'll
need to type c:/python27/python instead of "python".