[OH-Dev] ANNOUNCEMENT: OpenHatch coding+contribution party, Sun Nov 13, 5 PM - 9:30 PM, Clover HSQ

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Thu Nov 10 18:55:42 UTC 2011

Announcement
------------

The first OpenHatch sprint will take place at Clover Harvard Square on
Sunday, November 13, 2011.

The goals of the event are to move the OpenHatch website code forward.
That could mean simplifying it (like jslootbeek has been working on, using
django-haystack more thoroughly), or making the new-contributor
documentation better (which Deb has expressed interest in doing), or
coding up missing bits of functionality, or making small but important
fixes. It also includes checking in on other prospective contributors that
might have fallen through the cracks.

WHERE: Clover Harvard, http://www.yelp.com/biz/clover-food-lab-cambridge-2
        7 Holyoke St, near Harvard on the Red Line

WHEN:  Sun Nov 13, 5PM - 10:00 PM

POWER: There are power sockets in the upstairs part of Clover. I will get
        there 15ish min early to make sure things are looking good for
        power.

WIFI:  Harvard's wifi has a strong signal, in case you have access.

        I will be providing a wifi network for attendees to use. It will
        either be based on sharing Harvard's access or my phone 3G, either
        of which are quite decent.

WHO:   You, if you want to help contribute to the goals!

(This is the date+time that won the Doodle poll.)

Please bring:

* Your laptop
* Power cable for it
* Paper and pencil, if you like taking notes like that
* Patience and enthusiasm (-:

Who's invited

Anyone in the Boston area interested in contributing to the OpenHatch
website's code. I'll be quite available to answer questions about the
code.

Please RSVP

To say you intend to attend, reply to this, preferably publicly to the
list, or privately to just me. Please RSVP by Saturday evening, 10 PM.

The more you can say about what you want to work on, and what sort of
platform you'll be developing on, the better-prepared I can be.