[OH-Dev] OpenHatch site redesign: progress report, demo site, and some mockups

Asheesh Laroia lists at asheesh.org
Sat Nov 5 20:05:01 UTC 2011

Excerpts from Karen Rustad's message of Sat Nov 05 15:54:17 -0400 2011:

> > http://littlegreenriver.com/stuffs/openhatch-mockups/front-page-logged-in-tab-1.jpg
> >

> > http://littlegreenriver.com/stuffs/openhatch-mockups/front-page-logged-in-tab-2.jpg
> >
> > Right now, this only directs you to work on projects, either by maintaining
> > their information within the site (e.g. managing wannahelpers) or finding
> > something
> > to work on.
> >
> > I would prefer if this were more similar to the current front_page_demo you
> > can see at http://rose.makesad.us:9000/ where there are obvious
> > calls-to-action
> > for the training missions, *and* finding a project, *and* events.
> >

> The missions and events calls to action are there -- in the left column.
> (Besides the recommendations/status info, at the bottom they have More
> missions, Write a mission... More events, Add an event...) (They aren't
> present in #2, just because I didn't want to draw them all over again, but
> they're there.)

They're there, but I think they're so under-emphasized as to mean that they're
not as much of calls to action.

In particular, if you don't know that learning is what you get by
going to to the training missions, then you might not know to click there.