[Devel] Android app for working with OpenHatch

Mark Freeman mark at timewasted.net
Tue May 24 17:46:50 UTC 2011

I completely get that.  I certainly would not think "missions" would
be something that would be usable on a phone based app.  From my
perspective, it's the communication/gateway aspects of OH that are
best exposed this way. Things like looking through recommended bugs
and being able to email yourself the link when you find something
interesting, or being able to look through info on projects and hit a
button for wanting to help, those types of things I can see being very
useful.

All of that being said, Jack makes a good point in that it brings up a
long term maintenance issue.  Because of that, I actually questioned
whether it wouldn't be better to just provide a mobile layout of the
website (think http://m.safaribooksonline.com/), rather than native
apps. Then you wouldn't need to worry about iPhone users, Blackberry
users, etc.

Jack/Parker, should this actually come to fruition, you both have
great ideas for what could be useful!

So question for everyone on the list, if you had a mobile app
interfacing to the site, would you use it?  If so, what aspects of the
site would you use?