[Devel] [issue412] Git training mission repository should use "git am" to apply the patch (but does not)

Asheesh Laroia bugs at openhatch.org
Sun May 1 08:43:51 UTC 2011

New submission from Asheesh Laroia <asheesh at asheesh.org>:

The git mission, as it stands right now, has "The Brain" be the author of the
second commit, even though the user submitted a patch file.

The correct behavior is that the user's patch file guides the author, so the user
can see (enthusiastically) that his/her name appears in 'git log'.

To fix this, we need to have the mission use 'git am' to apply the patch.

We can add a commit on top with the secret word so that the rest of the code
doesn't have to change.

messages: 1785
nosy: paulproteus
priority: bug
status: unread
title: Git training mission repository should use "git am" to apply the patch (but does not)