[Devel] Google Summer of Code

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Wed Mar 2 23:38:51 UTC 2011

Google runs a program every year to provide a stipend to a student, so
that that person can spend the summer working on an open source project.

Last year, we had John Stumpo work on the training missions. It took us a
couple of months, but we merged them in, and they're one of the coolest
features the site has, in my opinion.

Do we want to do it this year?

Is anyone particularly excited about being a mentor for a student (or
two...?)?

Is someone on this list particularly excited about being the *student* for
SoC, if we get acceped by Google?

More information:

* General: http://socghop.appspot.com/

* Timeline:
http://www.google-melange.com/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2011/timeline

Discuss!

Never look up when dragons fly overhead.