[Devel] [issue470] Wiki: Login integration not working

Asheesh Laroia bugs at openhatch.org
Wed Jul 6 17:56:11 UTC 2011

New submission from Asheesh Laroia <asheesh at asheesh.org>:

Hi all,

For me, when I go to https://openhatch.org/wiki/ and try to log in, I get
redirected back to https://openhatch.org/wiki/ without actually being logged in.

That's a drag.

I suggest that we change the backend of the wiki's login integration. I think we
should stop querying the Django database from within the wiki, and instead the
wiki should be a client that follows the (very simple)
http://vanillaforums.org/page/ProxyConnect_SSO protocol.

This has the following advantages:

* Really easy to debug
* Loose coupling, which means that changes in the Django database or its
configuration don't affect the login integration

Downsides:

* We'd have to write new PHP code

Jack in particular, I'd like to know what you think.

messages: 2160
nosy: jesstess, paulproteus, pythonian4000
priority: urgent
status: unread
title: Wiki: Login integration not working