[Devel] "About OpenHatch" on the new front page

will kahn-greene willg at bluesock.org
Mon Jan 31 14:16:06 UTC 2011

It looks good to me, but I think it could use an example of some of the
things it's talking about.

"Niamh is working on a project and wants to grow the community of
contributors for it.  She registers the project with OpenHatch and goes
through her bug tracker marking several bugs as being "bite-sized".
OpenHatch automatically pulls in these bugs making them available on the
OpenHatch site.  Niamh fills out a few questions on the OpenHatch site
covering things like how a new contributor can begin working on her
project.  Niamh hadds the "I want to help" button to her project's
website.  Then Niamh, feeling good about the progress she's made, has a
sandwich."

"Deidre is finishing up her senior year at college.  She's looking for a
project she can work on to hone her skills and where she can be a valued
member of the community.  She creates a profile on OpenHatch and then
searches for opportunities to help out.  She finds a bite-sized bug for
Niamh's project that looks like something she can bite into, but she
doesn't know how to use version control.  So Deidre does a couple of the
training missions on OpenHatch and reads through the resources provided.
 Then she notifies Niamh and works on the bug using the instructions on
the OpenHatch page for the project and the project's website."

Or something like that.