[OH-Dev] More about Calagator -- and request for non-programming help

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Thu Aug 25 02:43:32 UTC 2011

I have been playing a bit with our Calagator install at
http://calendar-beta.openhatch.org/. Here is what I have learned:

* It is really easy to add events.

* It is a pleasure to choose a date, which is kind of shocking since I
usually find it hard to visually choose dates in web apps.

* It is a wiki and provides no facility for authentication.

This last one is interesting. I thought that we'd have to write login
integration code. In fact, Calagator has *no* login code at all.

So let's leave it totally open ourselves, too, then. Like the purest of
wikis.

I added an event: http://calendar-beta.openhatch.org/events/1

This seems so utterly great. I will try to deploy it with a real database
shortly (within a day).

We could use e people want to step up into an Event Finding Team that
watches websites and calendars and tries to add events. Naturally, this is
a no-programming-required task.

We'll also need to figure out how we want these things to appear on the
main website.