[OH-Dev] [issue563] Pasting diff -u output comes up with no match unless space is ADDED to blank lines

rgautier bugs at openhatch.org
Mon Aug 22 15:10:47 UTC 2011

New submission from rgautier <rgautier at gmail.com>:

When doing the training sessions, I could not get the website to accept the diff
-u of the 'individual file' example unless I manually added whitespace to the
blank lines in the diff - u output.  Confirmed this with user 'jesstess' on IRC
channel.  After adding single 'space' character on all blank lines of my diff -u
output, it was accepted.

Using putty to cut/paste the diff -u from my session to the form (while using
Chrome on Windows).

I think the blank space isnt supposed to be there - but it may be a conversion
issue between cr/lf and lf on different platforms, or putty not cutting trailing
space from otherwise blank lines.

Tried piping diff -u output to file and opening file in vi, but blank space not
obviously there.

messages: 2369
nosy: paulproteus, rgautier
priority: bug
status: unread
title: Pasting diff -u output comes up with no match unless space is ADDED to blank lines