[OH-Dev] [issue550] New concept for missions: paths

margamanterola bugs at openhatch.org
Thu Aug 18 16:16:35 UTC 2011

New submission from margamanterola <margamanterola at gmail.com>:

Hey!

I love the idea of missions.  I think it's awesome and that great things can be
done with it.  Thanks so much for them.

Now, I've been thinking of something that might be added to missions, once we
have many missions (I hope that if it's not too hard to create one, lots of
people will want to help create more), it might be difficult for a newbie to
know where to start.

So here come the "paths".  It's a suggested route that people can take,
according to what they want to help with.  It's not compulsory to complete them
all, nor in order, just a suggested route.

For example, let's say the "Path of the translator", for people who want to
contribute gettext translations to a certain project.

1) Basic use of the console
2) Use of tar
3) Diff + Patch
4) Basic Gettext

At the end of the path, there could be a special "challenge" less guided than a
mission, that involves using the many things involved in the path.

I know this is not a trivial change, I just wanted to contribute ideas that came
to mind after encountering the awesomeness of missions :)

messages: 2326
nosy: margamanterola, paulproteus
priority: wish
status: unread