[OH-Dev] The automatic profile importer is gone

Asheesh Laroia lists at asheesh.org
Tue Aug 16 18:05:49 UTC 2011

I have just removed the template snippets that let users automatically
import their profiles into OpenHatch. This is the famous awesome feature
that never actually quite worked, and instead showed people a progress bar
while I wondered how we were ever going to fix it.

If fixing it becomes a priority for a future milestone, that would be excellent.
Now that it's not active, I can think of some refactorings that would make sense
to do before we make it live again.

Many people give this advice: "Kill a feature." For example, this web page:
http://nick.typepad.com/blog/2008/07/how-to-kill-a-b.html

Now we've done it.

Wistfully, but righteously,