[OH-Dev] calagator work on github

Asheesh Laroia lists at asheesh.org
Sat Aug 13 21:45:06 UTC 2011

Excerpts from Chris Sims's message of Tue Aug 09 22:31:37 -0400 2011:
> Thanks, I tried to emulate the main site.
>
> As far as the whole github conversation is concerned, the branch is on
> github because calagator is on there, and it's what I use, but no other
> reason.  To be honest, it would probably be best to package the openhatch
> theme as a separate entity.  My work is contained in one (new) folder, along
> with copying over the favicon, and adding a single text file with the theme
> name in it.

Right-o.

http://calendar-beta.openhatch.org/ BTW is me running your current Github repo
on the main site. Now others can easily see what you've been up to!

> I'm cleaning out the repo and consolidating the changes into one commit for
> clarity's sake, since there's quite a few garbage commits and reverts due to
> trying to get it to work on heroku.  There's only one watcher at the moment
> - tehviking, but the repo will be removed, and a new fork created with the
> same name, so links should still work just fine.
>
> What about just keeping the theme as a patch?  That way, you could just
> clone the latest calagator, apply the patch, and be ready to roll with the
> new theme.  We could keep the patch in something like a gist?

I think the best thing would be if we can get our theme to be part of the
"upstream" work, in the main calagator repository. I wonder what they'd think
of that idea. Can you try asking them?

Hopefully they'll say "yes". In the long-ish term, I'd like to make our
Calagator branch be a git repo that lives in our Gitorious account. For now
other people collaborating on your repo is totally fine.

Also: are you interested in writing login integration, as per
https://openhatch.org/bugs/issue544 that I just filed? It should be pretty
easy, actually.