[Devel] Focus

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Tue Aug 2 13:55:52 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2 Aug 2011, Mark Freeman wrote:

> All,
>
> I just read Asheesh notes on why it is important to focus
> (http://www.asheesh.org/scribble/people/pay-attention.html) and it rang
> very true for me as well. Unfortunately, work is crazy right now and I
> have a lot of things going on career-wise.  This has meant that most of
> my spare time has been studying for things I use at work, or beginning a
> new certification track.  I keep telling myself that I will make time
> for Openhatch, but I see that I am spread way too thin and likely will
> not do anything well as a result.

One thing I do want to add:

I think that lots of small actions put in by lots of people can make a
huge difference. Mark, your contributions have made huge differences; the
number of people I've met who are enthusiastic about the git mission just
keeps growing. And it only became a reality thanks to the big push that
others put in during that month to make it of release quality.

The post is really a note to myself, reminding me that we move faster if
there's someone making sure that we are all cooperating well. I see that
something I have contributed.

Others are totally invited to also move the project forward; I think
technically speaking, the Login Team has enough power to change nearly
anything I can.

Do recall that the blog post is actually totally made-up; it wasn't
originally about me or OpenHatch at all. I believe that we are doing
pretty well, actually; I just also took the email as a reminder that you
all deserve more of my focus so that this project we all work on can
succeed.

(-:,