[Devel] [issue408] Contacting people that want to help

Jessica Ledbetter bugs at openhatch.org
Tue Apr 26 00:58:30 UTC 2011

New submission from Jessica Ledbetter <jessica at jessicaledbetter.com>:

I received my first "News about your OpenHatch projects" email and saw that someone
wants to help out with Lernanta. Awesome! So, I clicked the name and I got his
profile. Unfortunately, there's no way to contact him via the profile.

Thankfully, he's already involved via P2PU.

Is there a way to protect privacy but allow project admin types contact those that
are interested? Perhaps we could just ping via the site? I could send him a message
on the site and it would just be there. I could show my email address (or not).

Otherwise, people wanting to help might sit there waiting for step #2?

Step #1: Click button saying you want to help
Step #2: Get contacted and eased in with "Hello. Tell me about what you want to
do/learn/etc and I will personally find you a bug to help with."
Step #3: ???
Step #4: Profit

keyword: needs-decision, usability
messages: 1746
nosy: jessica, paulproteus
priority: wish
status: unread
title: Contacting people that want to help