[Devel] [issue394] When a TrackerModel changes its base_url, Bug objects need to change their canonical_bug_link

Jack Grigg bugs at openhatch.org
Sun Apr 17 16:16:44 UTC 2011

New submission from Jack Grigg <me at jackgrigg.com>:

I encountered this while migrating the Roundup importer to they async framework:
Currently the hard-coded OpenHatch bug tracker has http://openhatch.org/bugs/ as
its base_url, but when I put it in my local web interface I used
https://openhatch.org/bugs/. As a result, all the Bugs got duplicated. This is
unavoidable when transferring a hard-coded tracker to the web interface, but it
can also occur if a tracker is in the web interface and then a user changes the
base_url, e.g. to use SSL, or if the tracker moves.

It should be fixable in the web interface backend; when you are updating a
TrackerModel's info, check if base_url has changed. If so, grab all Bugs whose
canonical_bug_link contains the old base_url, and do a string replace at the
start of the canonical_bug_link replacing it for the new base_url.

messages: 1582
nosy: paulproteus, pythonian4000
priority: bug
status: unread
title: When a TrackerModel changes its base_url, Bug objects need to change their canonical_bug_link