[Devel] [issue393] Fixed problems with customs models that were causing issues on the web interface

Jack Grigg bugs at openhatch.org
Sun Apr 17 10:39:20 UTC 2011

New submission from Jack Grigg <me at jackgrigg.com>:

These issues stem from me knowing much less about Django when I first set up the
web interface. This should now mean that trackers are added correctly and
support having no bitesized type or documentation type.
http://git.jackgrigg.com/openhatch/patch/?id=c47a72e7447aeed9bb13b383cc924cfd353df6d0

In addition, I propose the following: Since we have made many changes to the
tracker models lately, and as there are no useful models in the database at
present (just weird solitary TrackerModels and TrackerQueryModels that shouldn't
exist), can we (or rather, Asheesh) just go in and get rid of them? When I
copied the production database locally, I ran into "NoneType has no
attribute..." errors when I tried to delete them, so they may require database
intervention. And at the same time, I think we can clear out the reversion
database; it isn't used anywhere except in /customs/, and hasn't been used at
all there anyway, so it's just been sitting there filling up with rubbish as we
messed around with the tracker models.

assignedto: pythonian4000
messages: 1581
milestone: 0.11.04
nosy: paulproteus, pythonian4000
priority: urgent
status: need-review
title: Fixed problems with customs models that were causing issues on the web interface