[Devel] [Requesting sysadmin help] I don't know why the profile_daily_tasks seem to fail to run in cron

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Sat Apr 16 16:05:54 UTC 2011

The way the weekly email gets sent is that there is a Django management
command called "profile_daily_tasks". One of the things that it does is,
if it has been seven or more days since the last weekly email was sent,
send the weekly email.

There is a cron job that runs profile_daily_tasks every day.

But the weekly email doesn't seem to get sent out. When I run the
profile_daily_tasks management command, the emails do get sent out. From
this, I suspect that the cron job is simply not running.

Curious.

Maybe in the future, when more people have shell access, someone can help
me understand what the heck is going on.

http://asheesh.org/

"Not Hercules could have knock'd out his brains, for he had none."
 		-- Shakespeare