[Devel] Let's move our hosting to OSU OSL

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Fri Apr 15 21:26:20 UTC 2011

On Fri, 15 Apr 2011, Jack Grigg wrote:

> I've started a draft email on PiratePad:
> http://piratepad.net/openhatch-osuosl-application
>
> Well, it's not really an email yet, but a list of information that they
> want in the initial email to them (some of which I do not know). Once we
> have these things listed, we can then form it into a nice-looking email.

Yup. I added some answers to those questions at
http://piratepad.net/openhatch-osuosl-application

If you think there's more I should write, do ask!

> On a related note, how would we distribute things across the servers? I
> noticed that they use Nagios to monitor the managed hosts, and "offer
> fine-grained monitoring and notification to our hosted clients". If we
> are able to integrate our Nagios monitoring into there, then the second
> server would only be running (AFAIK) the Hudson server. Is it worth
> thinking about re-organizing where things are? E.g. if we ever get
> Slashdotted again, have part of the website (the wiki maybe) on the
> second server, or... (I don't know exactly what the current two servers
> are running.)

Yeah -- I put some thoughts about that on the Pad.

Right now, the second server runs Hudson and is where the nightly
snapshots happen. It's also where bug importing happens.

The rest of everything (unless I'm forgetting) runs on the main server.

http://asheesh.org/

You will have a long and unpleasant discussion with your supervisor.