[Devel] I noticed from [Monitoring] that the weekly email didn't get sent

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Fri Apr 8 15:05:18 UTC 2011

On Fri, 8 Apr 2011, Asheesh Laroia wrote:

> Okay, okay, okay.
>
> [Monitoring] has been hopping with warnings and errors and it's
> terrifying! I'm sorry! (-:
>
> Here's what I'm going to do right now.
>
> * Figure out why the weekly emails aren't being sent (probably a need to
> run buildout on linode2)

This one is bizarre.

There is a cron job that runs the "profile_daily_tasks" management
command every night. If the weekly emails have been sent more than a
week ago, the management command sends them out.

When I ran the management command by hand, it worked fine and sent the
emails.

But for some reason I don't currently understand, the cron job didn't
cause the weekly emails to get get sent.

> * Modify our Bug objects so that stale Bug objects can create an
> instance of the bug tracker class that created them, so they can then go
> crawl the right URL and update themselves, rather than just whining at
> us that they are stale.

I'll start a separate thread about this.

Executive ability is prominent in your make-up.