[Devel] Database creation and Unicode: fixed, I think

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at asheesh.org
Thu Nov 11 17:09:17 UTC 2010

Hey all,

I just pushed some changes to the new Gitorious repository. You might find
them interesting.

paulhomebus on IRC reported some problems importing a data snapshot. I
checked, and I could reproduce them. I changed the README.mkd and the
database creation script once *more*, but I think this time it should
work.

If you've been having problems, get what's on gitorious in the "master"
branch, read the new README.mkd file, and let me know if wiping and
recreating your database fixes it.

For what it's worth: Right now, I'm doing some development using only the
public data snapshots. It's quite nice knowing that what I'm doing
requires no special access. (It also means that I had to fix the
instructions! Hooray for "dogfooding".)

He draweth out the thread of his verbosity finer than the staple of his
argument.
 		-- William Shakespeare, "Love's Labour's Lost"