[Devel] potential project co-operation

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at openhatch.org
Mon Jul 5 23:16:55 UTC 2010

Excerpts from Daniel Waterworth's message of Mon Jul 05 13:51:37 +0000 2010:
> Hi,
>
> I'm starting an ideas bank. It's designed to be a general place for
> submitting ideas towards open-source projects. I think/hope that at
> least some of the ideas will be appropriate for your website, if you'd
> be interested in receiving them. I'm writing the website from scratch
> (in python) and I don't anticipate the software to be used elsewhere.
> With this in mind, it doesn't seem reasonable to parse web-pages to
> retrieve the data. Is there a web-service api for adding bugs? i.e
> Some way that my web-server could submit bugs to yours in a proactive
> way. I have experience in Django, if I made such an api, would you
> consider including it?

Hi!

Sounds interesting... I'm not sure I quite understand it.

Submitting ideas toward open source projects sounds like an external
feature-requests-only bug tracker.

Is that right?

You're welcome to add OpenHatch as one of the projects people can submit
ideas for!

As for automatically submitting bugs... is it possible that you can have
people create accounts on http://openhatch.org/bugs/ (even if automatically)
so that they're participants in our bug tracker? It'd be a drag for OpenHatch
people to leave a comment on the bug, only for the real bug *filer* never
to see it.

> p.s if it's useful for stats, I found out about your project via the
> googletechtalk.

Wow, cool! Thanks for letting us know (-:

I'm moving this conversation to devel at lists.openhatch.org. That list is publicly
archived -- hope that's okay!

This life is yours.  Some of it was given to you; the rest, you made yourself.