[Devel] Bug tracker is failing on basic actions

Jessica McKellar jessica.mckellar at gmail.com
Sun Dec 12 05:03:27 UTC 2010

Hi all,

Something has made the bug tracker unhappy. Accounts can't get created, and
I can't create new tickets from my existing account (attempting to do so
gives me the message "You do not have permission to create msg" at the top
of https://openhatch.org/bugs/issue).

More details from the original reporter are below. If anyone with bits to
access the server logs or bug tracker superuser if such a thing exists or
bug tracker revision history if such a thing exists could look at this, that
would be great. Asheesh is currently on a plane.

-Jessica

23:20 < rakuco> hey there, the volunteer oportunities shown for KDE seem to
be incorrect, and the 'add a bug tracker' link leads to a spammed wiki
article. who should I talk to about that?
23:22  * jesstess looks
23:24 < jesstess> rakuco: which KDE project?
23:26 < rakuco> KDE itself (+projects/KDE)
23:29 < jesstess> rakuco: If you're up for opening a bug at
https://openhatch.org/bugs/ for the KDE issue, that would be great. I'll
take care of the wiki spam.
23:30 < rakuco> ok, thanks
23:40 < rakuco> jesstess: I get a message saying "You do not have permission
to register the user class." when I try to register in the bug tracker
23:48 < jesstess> rakuco: Well, hrmph. I don't have bits to fix the bug
tracker issue, but I'll open tickets for both the KDE and bug tracker issues
until someone who does gets online.
23:48 < jesstess> rakuco: Sorry about this.
23:51 < rakuco> np, thanks a lot :)
23:53 < jesstess> Yeah, things are borked. I can't open new tickets either.
I'll send mail to the devel list -- unfortunately the main person with bits
to fix this is on a plane right now.