[Devel] Running 'bin/buildout' fails

Jeff Welling jeff.w.bulk at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 11:08:43 UTC 2010

Hi
I'm following the directions in the README to try and setup my own OpenHatch so I can crush you like the weasels you are  work on writing a scraper for the Github Issues bug tracker and if I'm lucky with the lightbulb moments, hopefully one for ticgit as well.

Except, that I'm running into trouble just setting up my instance of openhatch following the directions in the README.
I get to running;

/bin/buildout

and I get;

root at openhatch:~/openhatch# bin/buildout
Develop: '/root/openhatch/.'
Installing scripts.
Getting distribution for 'launchpadlib==1.5.3'.
While:
  Installing scripts.
  Getting distribution for 'launchpadlib==1.5.3'.
Error: Couldn't find a distribution for 'launchpadlib==1.5.3'.
root at openhatch:~/openhatch#

As you can see, I'm running it in a VM as root.  I've installed all the prerequisites stated in the README.

Is anyone else having this problem?
What operating systems is OpenHatch known to run on? I'm using Debian stable.
Any suggestions? I'm new, not only to the OpenHatch source code but also to python, though I've done plenty of work in Ruby.  I'm thinking/hoping perhaps its a temporary failure and that trying again when I wake up will solve the problem.

Cheers,
Jeff.