[Devel] Editing/Deleting Contributions

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at openhatch.org
Mon Sep 28 17:11:21 UTC 2009

Excerpts from Nathan Yergler's message of Mon Sep 28 16:14:01 +0000 2009:
> I think that's much better for exposing the edit interface.  I don't
> have a particular opinion on the hover question.  I do think that a
> bulk edit/delete would be useful, particularly when you're importing
> contributions and there are mismatches and errors.

Yes, I agree. That's part of the new import interface, which is in
the pipeline. The idea is to have this process:

* Enter your username + email address
* See throbbers
* Throbbers finish
* You see a list of the things that would be imported. You can
  uncheck the ones you don't want imported. (Like the git index.)
* Then you commit it (like git commit).

> Also, FWIW, I was very confused for a second as I read your Pivotal
> Tracker blog entry and then clicked "login" in the header, only to be
> taken to the WP login page :).

That's a good point....

Q:	What is green and lives in the ocean?
A:	Moby Pickle.