[Devel] Tornado Web Server

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at openhatch.org
Sun Sep 20 03:13:23 UTC 2009

Raffi pointed me to the Tornado web server a day or so ago
<http://www.tornadoweb.org/>.

http://groups.google.com/group/django-developers/browse_thread/thread/8d1b7f514ef4e88e?hl=en
indicates to me it's not worth using Tornado on Django, given the mismatch
between the async architecture of Tornado and the synchronous model of
WSGI, on top of which Django is based.

In the future that may change. Luckily our scaling is memory-bound not
CPU-for-web-server bound right now, so Tornado doesn't help us anyway.

Sleepily yours,

It is the wise bird who builds his nest in a tree.