[Devel] "Active projects near you"

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at openhatch.org
Fri Dec 25 22:12:25 UTC 2009

Imagine with me for a moment. This is just another Asheesh OpenHatch dream,
not a concrete feature proposal or a decision that we ought to do this.

You go to OpenHatch.org. You see, on the front page, a map:

Active open source projecta with contributors near you

You see names of projects on a Google Map, as well as faces of the OpenHatch users
who contribute to those projects.

It would have been cool to learn that that other dude in West Philly works on
text adventure games, for example.

This also helps answer the Will Kahn-Greene dream of, "I'm lonely in Chelmsford,
Massachusetts. I wonder if anyone near me hacks on Free Software."

There is an old time toast which is golden for its beauty.
"When you ascend the hill of prosperity may you not meet a friend."
		-- Mark Twain