[Devel] i'm home!

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at openhatch.org
Tue Dec 15 20:15:11 UTC 2009

Excerpts from Asheesh Laroia's message of Tue Dec 15 18:44:51 +0000 2009:
> Excerpts from Parker's message of Mon Dec 14 09:15:14 +0000 2009:
> > after some wrestling with python versions and eggs and mysql user
> > permissions (oh my!) i was able to successfully run the server.  syncdb told
> > me, as predicted, that i ought to migrate.  so i did, but that gave me some
> > errors.  i've pastebined the output of migrate:
> > http://pastebin.com/m5eddfd0d
>
> Let me see if I can reproduce this and fix it.

Should be fixed now. Please fetch, then merge with origin/master.

> > the README says that South should have given me a MySQL script when it
> > failed.  i don't think it did.
>
> In this case, it did

In this case, it did not print any SQL, at least from what you pastebinned!

> > i ran the test suite anyway.  it gave some errors.  at least some of them
> > appear to not be related to the missing db stuff.  but i can't be sure.
>
> The test suite doesn't use the MySQL database that the migrations use --
> it uses its own. So any failures there actually are real bugs.

So retry everything now.

A classic is something that everyone wants to have read
and nobody wants to read.
		-- Mark Twain, "The Disappearance of Literature"