[Campus-rutgers-staff] bringing Open Source Comes to Campus back to Rutgers

Shauna Gordon-McKeon shaunagm at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 22:23:17 UTC 2014

I think we had about 25 students last year and 3 mentors.  This is a little
smaller than the typical OSCTC event.  If we could aim for 35 students and
8 mentors (4-5 students per mentor) that'd be great.  To do that, we'll
want to start reaching out to potential mentors soon.

I typically find mentors by doing the following:

- Sending emails to our network of mentors
- Doing a google search for the university name and "open source"/"free
software" (this turns up a lot of people!)
- Looking at local groups like python and linux user groups, wordpress
groups, etc.
- Looking on github for people who list their location as near the event

The above is a bit of work but very worth it.  It would be great to spend
the next couple of weeks finding people and then seeing when works best for
everyone, with a doodle poll perhaps.

best
Shauna